The Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE) is seeking a freelance/contract Front-end Developer for a 2- or 3-month project to expand the reporting and analytics capacity of our research data. The scope of this role will include responsibility on web front ends for our reporting and analytics platform, Aware. This position will focus on well-designed and engaging interactive applications. The person in this role will be required to craft functional and robust user interfaces for COACHE’s team, its college and university research partners, and the broader research community.
- Work with stakeholders to specify and analyze requirements for user interfaces and data viz for various data analytics products.
- Design user interfaces and experiences that align with specified requirements and ensure scalable, sustainable, and robust results.
- Build, test, and deploy customer-facing applications that improve how users understand various subjects.
- Contribute to and help architect internal projects including a UI component library, charting abstractions, and a suite of applications.
- Monitor, test, and maintain implemented solutions.
- Document requirements and designs for both internal and external constituents.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with modern SPA frameworks/libraries, specifically React, or alternatively Angular, Vue.
- Experience with foundational web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, SVG.
- Understanding of REST and HTTPS.
Additional Experience (i.e., a combination of some of the following)
- 1+ years with an interactive data visualization JS library, specifically D3
- Node, JS package managers (npm, Yarn), and essential JS build/test tools such as Webpack, Babel, and Jest
- Visualization of survey data
- Large-scale data reporting and analytics
- Python, Flask web framework, and libraries such as NumPy and Pandas
- SQL, Postgres, and relational database concepts
- Development, accessibility, and user experience standards and best practices
- Comfort with learning new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for telling stories with data, and a commitment to cultivating a working environment of respect, belonging, and diversity
For consideration, email your resume and cover letter/message to email@example.com.