Come to the University of Kansas, Edwards Campus for this summer’s second annual meeting of faculty affairs and faculty development professionals!
We will begin with an evening reception on Sunday, May 19 with interactive discussions starting Monday morning and continuing through lunch on Tuesday, May 21. You are invited to join a tour of the KU Lawrence campus on Monday afternoon, followed by dinner out in small groups on iconic Massachusetts Street. For those who opt not to join the group going to Lawrence, you will have some free time late Monday afternoon and may join one of several dinner groups out and about in Kansas City. All meals are included in the registration fee except for Monday evening’s dinner outing.
Topics will include:
- Faculty Onboarding, Orientation, & Ongoing Lifecycle Support
- Creating a Welcoming Environment: Beyond Recruitment to Retention
- Supporting Faculty after Tenure
- How Does Service Count for Promotion & Tenure?
- Resources for Retiring Well
- Understanding Non-Tenure Track/Term Faculty Needs
- Scholars of the Future
- Planning for Future Efforts for Faculty Success & Development
Visit http://facultydevelopment.ku.edu/aplu-faculty-affairs-summer-gathering for program details and registration information